JOB TYPE: Part-time
POSITION: Museum Associate
HOURS: 14-18 hours (2 days) per week; flexible (Wednesday, Friday, and weekend availability preferred)
Ventfort Hall Mansion and Gilded Age Museum is searching for a museum associate, to begin work as soon as possible. Ventfort Hall is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of all genders, races, and ethnicities are welcomed and encouraged to apply for this position.
This position is multi-faceted and offers variety throughout the weeks with the following tasks:
Typical hours 10am-4pm.
- Greet and check in visitors as they enter the museum, collect payments, and instruct visitors on museum protocol while they are visiting
- Facilitate sales in the museum gift shop
- Answer the telephone and take reservations for tours, special events, lectures, plays, and concerts
- Retrieve messages from the phone voicemail daily and reply as needed
- Balance cash register daily
Typical hours vary; includes afternoon and evening hours.
- Assist in setting up for and breaking down from special events
- Serve as Ventfort Hall’s on-site representative during events
- Monitor microphone PA system during lectures
- Set up PowerPoint presentations provided by speakers
- Outstanding guest relations
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Cash handling and basic computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Outgoing and personable
- Self-starting and motivated
- Flexibility to work on special projects during slow times
- Restaurant or hospitality experience a plus
- Interest in history
COVID-19 Considerations: Masks are required for all guests and personnel.
Please submit resume and cover letter, as well as any inquiries, to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.